CDL Truck Driving Traffic Attorney

CDL Speeding Ticket Representation

Are you have a commercial drivers license (CDL) holder who has received a Virginia traffic summons?  A traffic violation can have detrimental effects for CDL holders who depend on their license for their livelihood.  If you have a commercial drivers license and have received a Virginia reckless driving, speeding or other traffic ticket, you should contact a traffic attorney experienced in the city or county where you received the ticket.  I offer free consultations and can be contacted by phone, (804) 451-6033 or email.

Virginia Commercial Driver Representation

A traffic violation can carry far greater consequences for a commercial driver when compared to the average individual.  Of course the primary reason is truck drivers and other commercial drivers depend on their license in order to earn their living.  A traffic conviction for a commercial driver can put your license and your job in severe jeopardy.  These consequences can often be magnified for a reckless driving conviction, a class 1 misdemeanor carrying much greater penalties than the typical speeding charge.

Not only are the consequences much greater for commercial drivers, but judges will also hold you to a higher standard in court.  The most common example of this comes from the use of defensive driving courses as a tool to reduce or dismiss traffic violations.  Unfortunately, Virginia judges are not authorized to allow CDL holders to complete driving school to get a break on a ticket.

Additionally, many judges will inquire from the officer or trooper whether you were in your personal or commercial vehicle.  If it is determined that you were in your commercial vehicle, the case becomes much more difficult to reduce.

While driving school may not be available for commercial drivers, there are other tools we can use to negotiate a reduction of your Virginia traffic violation.  Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can discuss the particulars of your case.  I offer free consultations by phone, (804) 451-6033 or email.